Friday, August 13, 2010

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

When I was A child.

My imagination went wild.

When I lay in bed at night.

Visions of little people came into sight.

Could it have been my child's mind?

Playing tricks of some kind.

They were so real to me.

In my memories they will always be.

The fireplace had hot coals glowing.

Outside the cold wind would be blowing.

I could see them in the firelight.

They never seemed to give me fright.

They resembled little gnomes and elves.

They put on a show all by themselves.

Working and marching in place.

With happy smiles upon their face.

I would fall into a deep slumber.

About the unknown I will always wonder.

It was such a magical time.

As you can tell by this rhyme.

Sara Brannon copyright 2009

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    I love this poem and the truth that is told within. When we are children we haven't been taught yet that what we see is just our imagination for the parents sanity. I do believe when we are small what we see is true, it is a blessing to be able to be contacted from the other side and open to the mysteries of the world that everyone says doesn't reside. Keep on writing, I love reading what you have to say.
    I would like to welcome you to my site on Fellowship of Writers and also to vote on the Contest. I also have a blog site at: http://tamara-lesley.blogspot.com where most of my poetry resides. Please read some of them and make a comment on your thoughts at the time. It has been wonderful meeting someone just like me.
    Sincerely,
    Tamara Lesley

    ReplyDelete